Law of Attraction Homeschooling: Lesson 1: Basic Principles
We have started our homeschool journey and the first week was definitely a learning experience for us. Doing the online school demands us to follow a certain process, but since I’m working and homeschooling, I’m willing to make that sacrifice not to have to do all the lesson planning. I’m just doing the fun, supplemental planning, including Law of Attraction homeschooling.
If you missed it, you might want to check out my first home school post with my basic outline for the school year. I’m going to be incorporating Unity principles along with the Law of Attraction and Spiritual Alchemy. I’m hoping others wanting to teach the children spiritual and law of attraction principles will find it helpful. As always, take what resonates with you and leave the rest and you don’t have to be homeschooling to do these lessons with your kids or even go through them yourself. I know I’m going to learn heaps just by making the lessons.
We started out with just a review of basic Unity and Law of Attraction principles. Since we had a lot of other school work to do this week, we started simple and just went through the principles and discussed them.
Here are the Unity Principles worded for Children:
Unity’s 5 Basic Principles Languaged for Children:
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference.
-from the Unity Church of Overland Park Website
If you are not inclined to the spiritual side of Law of Attraction or Unity, you might just want to start with some basic Law of Attraction principles. This list, from the career success coach, wasn’t made for kids, but it’s the best simple list I’ve seen:
1.Understand sympathetic vibrations – like attracts like.
2.Raise your vibrations – the importance of “feeling good.”
3. Change your mood – you have the power.
4. Follow this four-step process toward “deliberate creation”: 1) Identify what you don’t want; 2) Get clear about what you do want; 3) Feel what it would be like to have those things; 4) Allow the Universe to bring those things to you.
5. Allow the Law of Attraction to work – the absence of doubt.
-from the career-success-coach.com (She goes into more detail on her site, so go check it out.)
I find that unless it’s been trained out of them, all these concepts come pretty easily to children. We read through the principles and discussed these questions:
1. Have you experienced times in your life where you know you have created something you wanted or didn’t want with your thoughts?
2. Have you ever been called bad by someone? How does it make you feel to know that you and everyone were created good?
3. What activities help you feel closer to God?
4. What kinds of things could we do to improve our mood and get lined up with what we want?
5. How can we handle it if people don’t believe that same things we do?
6. What kinds of things do you want to create in your life this year?
Then for inspiration, we watched the video of Jessica doing her affirmations, which is an oldie but a goodie from YouTube:
As aways, I’d love to hear any thoughts, comments or suggestions you have. To prove it, I’m giving away a Facebook “manifesting plan” to one of my commenters during the month of August. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around Sept 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and message me on my Facebook page. Once you tell me what you want to create, I’ll create a personal manifesting plan for you and we’ll make sure it feels good to you.
Transforming through Love and Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins