When something goes wrong do you curse it or bless it? Our natural reactions often lead toward the negative, but that only breeds more negativity.
I learned about blessing people and situations many years ago though Catherine Ponder in her book, The Prosperity Secrets of the Ages. The practice has served me very well over the years and I’d like to share it with you. It is very simple way to say a positive prayer for someone or something . One of Catherine Ponder’s favorites is “I bless you and bless you for the goodness of god that is within you.” You can create your own blessings just like you create your own affirmations.
We are not trying to change someone to our will but to offer our positive thoughts of good for them. When you are sending positive thoughts and vibrations toward a person they are much more likely to respond in kind. It always has much better results than cursing them will.
When to use blessing:
1. Anytime you are angry at someone or can’t seem to settle a disagreement with them. In Catherine’s book, she sites several examples of people being paid debts owed them once they blessed the debtor and saw them as prosperous and able to pay.
2. Any part of your body that experiences pain or illness can be blessed. You can bless yourself and your own emotions, too.
3. A boss or co-worker that makes work life difficult may leave or be transferred once you have blessed them and the situation.
4. I always bless my bills and my creditors and thank them for the service they provide. Once I started doing that I always have the money to pay them on time.
5. Bless your travel plans and see them going smoothly.
6. Bless your taxes and politicians, especially if you want to do the opposite. Politicians need to be blessed with the wisdom to make the best decisions for all that they serve. Blessing them will help much more than complaining about them.
7. Bless strangers you meet in the store. I do this inside my head often as I’m shopping.
8. Bless you relationships with you family, friends and significant others. Bless them when you feel they’ve hurt you. I’ve had relationships heal quickly after I stopped worrying about the “wrong” someone had committed against me and began blessing them.
You can bless any situation and if the act of blessing shifts how you feel about it, the changes it creates can seem magical.
Emmet Fox said:
“Bless a thing and it will bless you. Curse a thing and it will curse you. If you put your condemnation upon anything in life, it will hit back at you and hurt you. If you bless a situation, it has no power to hurt you and even if it is troublesome for a time, it will gradually fade out, if you sincerely bless it.”
I always try to remember that happy people aren’t mean or rude, so I send my blessings to those who treat other’s cruelly. If they become happy, they will change their behavior and we all benefit. Even if things don’t suddenly shift with the person or situation being blessed, you will feel better once you have been able to bless them.
I was inspired a while back to start posting blessings on my Facebook and Twitter accounts with the intention that those who saw them and wanted to receive them would.
A few of my favorites blessings are:
May you overflow with love for the gift that is you.
May you have big dreams that you confidently follow.
May you life be blessed and may you create many blessing for others.
May you experience the power of blessing in your life.
I’d love to hear any experiences you’ve had from blessing people or situations or any comments you may have. To prove it, I’m giving away a bottle of Stress Away Essential Oil blend to one of my commenters during the month of March. This is my favorite oil. It has a wonderful lime and vanilla scent and I wear it as “happy” cologne. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around April 1st. Then the winner can e-mail me their mailing address to claim their prize. Watch this space as I’ll be changing up my give-aways this year. Some months it’ll be oils and maybe crystals and some months it will be some of my new products and classes that are coming soon!
February’s winner is Grace Adair! You can e-mail me your mailing address at mmdobbins @ dailylalchemy.com to claim your prize.
Transforming through Love and Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins
To thank my subscribers I have a monthly give away (Subscribe here). This month’s winner will win a copy of my book Personal Alchemy, and a Personal Alchemy mouse pad and will be announced in my newsletter around the first of the month.
Transforming though Love & Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins