Happy Monday all! I hope you have a lot to rave about this week. This time of the year often seems hard for me where I live. I miss the sun and can’t wait for Spring, but I am keeping myself very busy with new projects and planning fun trips to anticipate. I’m also trying to do something new every week this year and my focus has helping me avoid the mid-winter blues so far. I found this video of Sam Berns and it made me smile. Sam passed away a few weeks ago. He had progeria, and he had a happy life. He chose to focus on how to work with his reality to still create the experiences in life he wanted. It’s a great reminder that we can all choose to have a happy life. I love his philosophy for creating a happy life.
Here’s my rave list for the week:
1. I love that the Pope is selling his Harley for charity. I don’t know what I love more, that the Pope has a Harley or that he’s selling it for charity.
2. I love watching worlds funniest videos on TRUtv and laughing until my stomach hurt. Ok, nothing socially redeeming but sometimes you just gotta laugh. OK, so you want to laugh everyday, but probably not by watching TRUtv, but if it works…
3. I love that the year of the horse will be coming in this year. I don’t usually pay much attention to Chinese astrology but the energy and spirit of horses feels good to me.
4. I love Jeannette Maw’s 26 affirmations Louis Hay Didn’t Write because sometimes these are just what you need.
5. I love having Chinese New Years celebrations with my kidlets and figuring out how much fun we can have with red envelopes. We had so much fun so much fun going on a field trip to the Asian Supermarket on Friday. We always get something we can’t leave without pocky!
6. I love watching the Grammys. I don’t usually tune in but I love Macklemore and I really wanted to see his performance. I didn’t want the whole show but it seemed more about the music than crazy antics which was nice.
7. I’m excited for the Super Bowl I haven’t watched for years. But after reading Pam’s post about how the Seahawks meditate, I gotta check it out this year.
8. I so glad that my grandpa is ok after a fall. He’s 91 and he lives next door to my parents so they can help look after him. He has a goose egg on his head and a black eye but nothing serious and my mom was nearby to take him to the hospital quickly.
9. I’m loving all the writing I’m getting done. Not a lot of down time lately, but that’s perfect. I’ll be working hard until March and then I’ll be heading to go see Mickey. *happy dance*
10. I love that I get so many inspirations and ideas from all the lovely questions and comments on my Facebook and twitter pages. Thanks for your input!
I’d love to hear what’s going right in your life, so we can all celebrate with you. To prove it, I’m giving away a bottle of Abundance Essential Oil blend to one of my commenters during the month of January. It’s one of my favorite oils I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around Feb. 1st. Then I’ll email the winner to get their mailing address. Watch this space as I’ll be changing up my give-aways this year. Some months it’ll be oils and maybe crystals and some months it will be some of my new services and classes that are coming soon!
Transforming through Love and Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins
To thank my subscribers I have a monthly give away (Subscribe here). This month’s winner will win a copy of my book Personal Alchemy, and a Personal Alchemy mouse pad and will be announced in my newsletter around the first of the month.
Transforming though Love & Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins