Episode 182 : The Purpose of Magick
Your answer is likely different than mine but having an answer to this question is important to give a guiding principle to your magickal practice.
I believe Magick has several purposes:
- To create change—more in ourselves than anything or anyone else
- To right wrongs
- To enchant our world. IE. life is fucking boring without magick
- Decide what purpose Magick serves in your life
- Notice if you are working Magick to meet that purpose
- Write down and implement ways you can use Magick purposefully
- Take action & add a “daily alchemy” task to your routine
If magick’s purpose to you is to add beauty to the world, then, meditate for a few minutes on something beautiful—art, nature, etc. and create something beautiful—a simple sketch, a beautiful breakfast bowl, etc.
Links from this episode:
Love: What Life is All About by Leo F. Buscaglia https://amzn.to/34pdOd9 (This is Amazon influencer link to the book on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Daily Alchemy links:
Here’s the link to my Magickal Amazon Storefront with links to my favorite magick and alchemy books (https://www.amazon.com/shop/michelledobbins) As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can find out more about that on my storefront.
Find me at https://dailyalchemy.com
Pre-order your Moon & Magick 2020 Planner: https://dailyalchemyemporium.com/products/moon-magick-planner-13-moons-of-2019
Find me on the socials: