Las Vegas Alchemy: Focus On the Good
I have a love/hate with Las Vegas. I’m an introvert by nature and I need quiet time and that doesn’t happen so much in Vegas. Also, I’m rather empathic and Vegas has a lot of kinda yucky vibes floating around. However, I love all the shows, wonderful restaurants and glittery lights. My hubby and I were scheduled to go for a trip to Las Vegas last week for a conference for our heating and cooling business so this time I decided to shift my perspective. Instead of planning on protecting myself from the lower vibes, I decided to plan to send out lots of love, reiki and enjoy several things on my list of “firsts” I am experiencing in 2014.
Here was my basic Las Vegas Alchemy game plan:
1. I signed up for only the party pass to this conference. No classes for me this time. While my hubby was in class I could meditate, write in my room or just party! Yeah! But seriously, I need my quiet sometimes.
2. I planned to give out money, in a way similar the Happy Money book by Laina Buenostar. I made a sticky note that said “This is your Lucky Money. You found it, it’s yours! Enjoy!” and put it on a $20.00 bill and placed it for someone random to find. (Sorry to the men in Vegas, but I didn’t want the casino to think I was up to no good when they watched on the cameras, so I left my happy money in a restroom.)
3. I planned to send out reiki and other loving intentions while I was out and about around Las Vegas.
4. I bought my favorite crystal to carry and lots of Abundance Oil, I love the smell and I figured abundance vibes were good in Vegas.
5. I was on the look put for new things to enjoy.
Here are my results:
1. This was my best trip to Las Vegas ever. I had my quiet time in the room which really helped me go out and enjoy being around all those people later. We met some really nice people and totally enjoyed their company.
2. I was vibrating so high from giving our reiki and money that I often felt totally blissful. I will gamble a little in Vegas, but I get bored with it quickly. Our first night I sat down at a machine and put in $20.00. Of course, I chose the machine because of the pretty pink diamonds on it. 🙂 Sometimes, it’s hard to really tell what you’ve won because they tell you in credits and I wasn’t paying close attention. A sweet lady, who was sitting next to me said “Good job, Honey.” I nodded and smiled. ” She said “No, really. That was $150.00” I decided to keep going and after another few spins the machine lit up again. The sweet lady next to me was so excited. I couldn’t understand why. I though that the 3200 credits was $32.00 but it was actually $800.00! I was up $950.00 which meant time to cash out and go buy a wonderful meal! I didn’t gamble much more, but on our last day I decided to sit down before we left and put in $100.00 and I won $250.00, so I left over a $1000.00 ahead which was fun.
3. We had the best service, food, etc. everywhere we went and I wasn’t even too bothered by the cigarette smoke which has made me nutty on past trips. Everything went so smooth. I didn’t get cranky or anxious from picking up other people vibrations and my husband wasn’t bothered that I needed my quiet time in the room. The balance was perfect for me.
4. I added several fun “firsts” to my list. I had my first limo ride. I know I’m 43 and this was my first time in a limousine. It’s been on my to-experience list, but I hadn’t lined up with it yet. The other couple we were traveling with nicely arranged for us to get limo service to and from the airport, so I rode in a limo twice on this trip. I rode the world’s tallest Ferris Wheel, which had just opened the week before. I tried fired plantains and yarrow root. I left a casino with more money than I had going in. I flew on a “red-eye” flight for the first time and slept on the Atlanta airport floor during a four-hour layover. All new experiences, all pretty cool. Yep, even sleeping on the floor wasn’t bad.
So if you have a trip you aren’t totally looking forward to, find a way to focus on the positives, plan to take care of your needs and see how it goes.
Here are a few pictures from our trip:
I’d love to hear your comments and any experiences you’ve had with using alchemy or other practices to improve your travel experiences. To prove it, I’m giving away a copy of my new e-book, Personal Alchemy and an Angel Card Reading to one of my commenters during the month of April. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around May 1st. Then the winner can e-mail me to claim their prize. Watch this space as I’ll be changing up my give-aways this year. Some months it’ll be oils and maybe crystals and some months it will be some of my new products and classes that are coming soon!
A big thank you to all of your who have bought Personal Alchemy! I appreciate it so much. I’ve been overwhelmed by the amazing responses! Thanks, also, to all of you who have been so gracious to take the time to review it. I really appreciate the feedback.
Transforming through Love & Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins