Law of Attraction Lessons from a Puppy
Our family got a new puppy, Lilly, 4 months ago, and she has quickly become a cherished member of our family. She is a source of love and fun, but she is also a lot of work. As we’ve learned more about how to care for her, I’ve learned a lot of Law of Attraction Lessons from a puppy. I love how lessons about the universe works are all around us and puppies are no exception.
Five ways a Puppy is like the Universe:
1. Pretend that all is well, and the Puppy (Universe) will come out to play. Otherwise it’s just content to sit under the bed and chew on a shoe. I learned this the hard way. I could cajole, fuss and beg and Lilly is content to sit under the middle of the bed and keep chewing on my Tiek flat forever. If I sit in the corner reading a book, she wants to come out and see what’s going on. It’s the same with manifesting, if we chase our desires around and beg them to come out, it’s much more work than happily going on with life and letting them come to you. In fact, since I got this puppy, Jeannette Maw’s advice not to chase a dog in order to catch it has helped me out quite a bit.
2. They need clear directions. I haven’t had a puppy in over thirty years, so I’m finding out that puppy’s need repetition, redirection, and reinforcement to know what we want from them. We tell them shoes are not for chewing, but we leave them right out there in a tempting location or we say “no begging” but we slip them food occasionally from the table. What if tell the Universe we want a fabulous new job, but we call in sick at our current one or we miss a job interview, what does that tell the universe? If we keep changing what how we think and act, the Universe doesn’t really know what we want either.
3. You might need to change your strategy. What works to lure the puppy in her kennel one day may not work the next. The same goes for manifesting. If one strategy or technique stops working for you try something new. If you have been doing affirmations and gotten bored with them, maybe its time to try a gratitude journal or a vision board.
4. They respond to treats(appreciation) for a job well done. Puppies love treats for doing tricks. Lilly will sit and do tricks and play games for hours for little treats. The universe also likes to know it’s doing a good job. When we appreciate and thank it for what it’s given us, it inspires the Universe to give us more. So rave about what’s good about your puppy or your Universe and see how they respond.
5. If all else fails try tummy rubs and kisses (adoration). Puppies want to please and so does the Universe. Chastising either and getting upset when we haven’t provided clear directions and consistent training are not helpful. At that point, just look at all the positive things you’ve gotten and adore it and shower it with love.
I’d love to hear any puppy training or Law of Attraction tips you’ve picked up from the world around you or any comments you have. To prove it, I’m giving away a Facebook “manifesting plan” to one of my commenters during the month of September. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around Oct. 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and message me on my Facebook page. Once you tell me what you want to create, I’ll create a personal manifesting plan for you and we’ll make sure it feels good to you.
The winner for this month is: Laura S
Transforming through Love And Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins