You may (or may not) have noticed I missed posting for a few weeks. My family and I went on a Disney Cruise and then on to Disney World for one crazy, magical vacation and although I’m not sure I’ve caught up on everything since I got home, we had an awesome time. I was amazed many times at our good luck and the magical experiences we had on this trip. Granted we were in Disney and the staff was constantly reminding us to “Have a Magical Day.” It seemed that every time we walked up to a bus stop, our bus pulled right up with no waiting time. We never waited more than 10 minutes to ride any ride, even when the signs said 30 or 40 minutes. We had the best service and the most amazing staff helping us on the cruise. Since we are big fans of making international friends and studying languages and cultures, we always love that Disney lists everyone’s hometown and country on their name tags. We had some awesome conversations with staff especially on the cruise.
Then we had a few experiences that really stood out as especially magical:
2 Disney Time Warp: We had a pre-paid reservation to a princess lunch in the Norway restaurant at Epcot and we were still at our hotel at [12:00] and we needed to be at the restaurant at [12:30]. We had been told to allow an hour and a half to travel around Disney to get to our reservations on time. Somehow, we were able to walk to the bus stop, catch the bus, ride to Epcot, go through security, enter the park, and walk all the way around to the Norway pavilion in 30 minutes. I really can’t see how we were able to do it less than an hour, but it happened.
3. First Row Seats: We went to see two different live shows close to show time and the theaters were packed and we couldn’t find 6 seats together. Both times we directed to six open seats in the front row.
4. VIP Fireworks seating: We had a late night dinner reservation at one of favorite restaurants, Ohana, in the Polynesian resort. I wasn’t sure about eating so late but the only time available was [9:45] PM and we love this place, so we decided to do it. When we arrived and our hostess seated us, she asked me what time it was. It told her [9:50] and she said “Oh, great, this will be perfect.” She seated us at a table by the window right across from Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom. Then at [10:00], we had the most awesome seats for the spectacular fireworks display!
5. Early Seating for Character Dining: On our last evening, we had a Pooh Bear Character dinner reserved in the Magical Kingdom and I thought our reservation was at [7:00], so we went to check in with the restaurant at [6:30]. I was informed that our reservation was actually at [7:30] (oops!) and the host wanted to make sure we were aware that we might not be seated until [8:00] or even a little later. We were all tired and they had seating around the outside of the restaurant, so we decided we would be happy just to sit and wait. Once we sat down and settled in our name was called. We had waited for only 5 minutes. We were called 25 minutes early for our reservations that we were told we might have to wait 30 minutes over the time for. Not only that, our table was right next to the buffet and the first table that the character’s came to when they entered the restaurant.
How did we get so lucky? Did we visualize perfect timing, seating and staff? Nope. We were in Disney, so we were happy, but I also did a few other simple things:
1. I kept up my morning and evening meditations while on vacation.
2. I sent love and reiki, a type of healing energy, to all the people we stood in line with or had time to connect with.
3. I tried to notice all the magical things that happened and rave about them, which always creates more of them.
I think those actions combined with some Disney Magic helped everything go so smoothly on our trip. Anytime, you want to have a magical day, on vacation or not, I suggest following those three steps, especially the meditation. It’s worth the time! It seems to create more time later on when you make it a priority.
I’d love to hear about your magical trips or days, and any other comments you might have. To prove it, I’m giving away a bottle of Stress Away Essential Oil blend to one of my commenters during the month of March. This is my favorite oil. It has a wonderful lime and vanilla scent and I wear it as “happy” cologne. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around April 1st. Then the winner can e-mail me their mailing address to claim their prize. Watch this space as I’ll be changing up my give-aways this year. Some months it’ll be oils and maybe crystals and some months it will be some of my new products and classes that are coming soon!
Transforming through Love and Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins
Here are a few other pictures from our trip:
Namaste & Hugs,
Michelle Martin Dobbins