Manifesting: Your Choice or the Universe’s?
Now is the time of year when lot of list writing tends to happen, at least in our house. My children are writing lists of what they want for Christmas and I’m writing lists of intentions of what I’d like to create in my life in the New Year. I’ve been thinking as I write these lists, does it really serve us to plan out what we want in our lives or are we better off letting the Universe choose for us? There are benefits to both.
Why it’s good to set our own intentions:
- It gives us something to use to create juicy visualizations
- We definitely know we created it when we receive it
- It gives us a point of reference to focus on
- It may make inspired action easier to take
- We build confidence in our manifesting skills we when we create something we chose
Why it’s good to let the Universe choose for us:
- We aren’t worrying that a specific thing won’t happen
- We don’t have to question if we are good enough to get what we’ve asked for
- The Universe knows what we would love to experience
- We don’t have to work to manifest, just get happy & live
- Surprises are fun
I believe both are great and so I chose me and the Universe, not one or the other. In fact, when I create an intention list, I always add “this or something better” because I’m open to the fact that my creator can dream even bigger than me. What about you? Have you had any experiences when you know that your clear intention of what you wanted worked like magic? Or have you had an experience where just being in the happy, expectant zone brought experiences in your life that you could never have dreamed of or intended on your own? Or both? I’d love it if you’d share your manifesting stories.To prove it, I’m giving away a Facebook “manifesting plan” to one of my commenters during the month of December. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around Jan. 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and message me on my Facebook page. Once you tell me what you want to create, I’ll create a personal manifesting plan for you and we’ll make sure it feels fabulous to you!
I’m really excited to announce the I will be on The Daily Goddess tomorrow! Don’t forget to stop by. I love Luzia’s daily messages and I’m sure you will, too! It’s live so here’s the link to 4 ways to Release Your Inner Goddess (Even if you’re a Guy).
Transforming through Love & Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins