I love to travel and when I do, magic happens. I’ve shared my stories of Las Vegas Magic and Disney Magic, but I have more magical tales to share. Two weeks ago, we went on a family trip to Mexico. This trip was a big deal for us because it was the first time my four children had flown on a plane. The trip was planned only a month before we went and we were able to get the children’s passports on time without paying expediting fees which is a bit of magic right there.
I always create an intention list before I travel and this time was no exception. Among the intentions I set were: easy air travel, upgraded rooms, angel assistance to help everyone surf and swim in the denote easily, and the best vacation photos ever. We received all of my intentions and more.
Here’s a list of some of the Mexico Magic we encountered:
1. Easy-Peasy Flying: We were able to easily navigate the airports with 6 passports and sail smoothly through security and made all of our flights on-time. Luckily, all of my children loved flying and did great on the plane.
2. Incredible Villa: We had a super nice villa, but the air conditioning didn’t work so they moved us to another one right up by the ocean that was even nicer. The villa was perfect with three stories, three bedrooms, and four baths plus a bonus “Harry Potter” room under the staircase that my kid’s loved to play in. The housekeeper was amazing and kept everything super clean and organized and stocked our fridge daily with soft drinks, water, and juices.
3. Almost Empty Resort: I had read that this was high season for some Caribbean areas, so I wasn’t sure how crazy the resort would be. Our resort had very few people. We had plenty of room to sit as most of the deck chairs were empty. We never had to wait to get seated to eat or get drinks. Service was wonderful. We enjoyed sushi by the pool, won three games of bingo, and had great seats for the evening shows.
4. Wonderful Meals: We ate like kings in Mexico! I loved some of the traditional foods at the Mexican restaurants. My favorites were the Mexican oatmeal (Made with cream! So good!) and the agua de horchata (a rice and cinnamon beverage). We had the best desserts: fruit sorbets, flan, chocolate soufflé and more! (And I didn’t gain any weight!)
5. Surfing was easy: I’m not very athletic and although I was excited to try surfing, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to do it and I hoped that all of the kids would be successful and enjoy it too. It was so much easier than it looked. We had great instructors and we were all able to stand up pretty easily! Vic and Mike at 360 Surf school were awesome!
6. Best Tour Guide Ever: Our tour guide for Chichen Itza, Jerry, picked us up from our resort and we enjoyed talking to him about the culture and lifestyle of the Mexican people during our two and half hour drive. He gave us so much wonderful information about the history and current living conditions in Mexico. He was awesome! He took us to an amazing cenote, natural sinkhole, that was so fun to swim in and through an old Spanish village. It was so worth getting up at 5 AM to spend the day with Jerry.
7. Table Service in 5 minutes at the Cancun Airport: The airport in Cancun was overflowing with people and even though we knew that we should get lunch before we boarded the plane, we weren’t sure if we’d have time. We went to find seats for the children, so my husband and I could get in line to order food. I happened to notice that there was a gentlemen holding a menu and I asked if we could look at it so the children could decide what they wanted to eat. The gentleman said he would take our order at the table and bring the food to us. He did and in record time.
8. Best Family Trip Pictures Ever: Oh, my word! With a family of six, getting good family pictures can be such a chore and usually involves a lot of whining and crying. The photographer, Richard, at our resort was so incredible! It was the most fun we’d ever had taking family picture and the pictures were fabulous! *mommy happy dance*
You can set intentions for travel (or anything else) and watch them come true, too!
Here are some of the pictures of our Mexico Magic: