Monday Raves for Earth Day: What’s Going Right on the Planet? April, 22 2013
Happy Earth Day! It’s a wonderful day to rave about all that is going right on our planet. We are being more and more aware of how beautiful the Earth is and how we can love it, enjoy it and improve how we treat our planet.
Here’s my raving list for the planet:
1. Here are five pieces of good news for Earth by Mother Jones. Arabian Oryx Returns from Extinction and Amur Cats Get Their Own National Park, plus more good news stories for our planet.
2. Good News for a Change: How Everyday People are Helping the Planet by David Suzuki and Holly Dressel is 400 pages of stories about individuals, groups and business changing the way they operate to help the planet.
3. The wild Tasmanian Devils are showing signs of healing from a tumor epidemic.
4. When I was at The Clearwater Marine aquarium , we learned about a turtle that cured itself of diabetes and may help provide clues to a cure for humans. They do so much wonderful work there, helping the animals and their habitat. I can’t express how much I love that place.
5. Two high school seniors have found a bacteria that might eat plastic and help clean up landfills.
6. An isolated coral reef surprised scientists by healing itself.
7. College student participating in Recyclemania diverted 90 millions pounds of recyclables from land fills.
8. Ishack is working to bring solar power to the slums in South Africa. They already have a prototype with a family living in it and it’s changing their lives. They have the power they need to life more comfortably and get their work done in a way that is healthy for the planet.
9. There are lots of easy ways to help the planet. From recycling to changing our lightbulbs every citizen can help without changing their lifestyle much.
10. We are manifesting such wonderful occurences on this planet and our love for the planet and it’s inhabitants are the ultimate technique for positive change. Fear and worry for the planet won’t improve the environment, but loving Mother Earth and then taking inspired action will work for healing our planet just as it works for healing us.
I’d love to hear any other good news you have about life on Earth or just general raves. To prove it, I’m giving away one of my Angel Card readings (see service page) to one of my commenters during the month of April. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around May 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and e-mail me if you’re the winner.