Monday Raves: Whats Going Right in Your Life? March 18, 2013
Another brand-new, sparkly week to rave about. Hope everyone is excited about all the new possibilities ahead of us. Here’s something to get us started with a smile. I love this video of some unlikely friends. If they can get along, then so can we.
A cat and an owl that are friends? So much fun!
Here’s my list for the week:
1. Spring is just a few days away. The flowers are blooming here and it was 75 beautiful degrees this weekend. I love springtime and the signs of new life everywhere.
2. Geocaching! Our family had our first geocaching outing of the year this Sunday. It was so much fun. If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. It’s like the world’s biggest treasure hunt. You use GPS to help you find hidden caches. Some have goodies hidden in them. If you take something, you leave something of equal value. My kids love seeing whats inside, so we usually pick the larger ones. There are more than 2 million hidden all over the world, so there’s bound to be one near you.
3. The retired couple who volunteers at the Sulada Shoals Park. They come out on the weekends and set up a table with all kinds of nature goodies to teach the children in the park. We enjoyed chatting with them so much. The kids loved the bird feathers and the bones they shared with them.
4. Speaking of feathers, I was doing one of the experiments from Pam Grout’s book, E-Squared, and I intended to see a white feather. We were driving home from our day trip on Sunday and we got stuck in slow-moving traffic. As we were moving along at a snail’s pace, we noticed hundred’s of white feathers along the side of the road. This went on for at least 5 miles. There were thousands and thousands of white feathers. I don’t know if a truck full of down feathers had a spill or what, but it was crazy how many feathers there were. Then, when we arrived back home, there was a single white feather laying on our welcome mat. I’d say that experiment was smashing success.
5. Speaking of Pam, she was kind enough to interview me for her blog. It was great fun to answer her questions. I’ll let you know when it’s live.
6. Berries. I love berries of all kinds and I’m so happy they are coming back in season. We had strawberry and raspberry shortcake this weekend. Heavenly!
7. Having a husband of almost fifteen years, whose hand I still hold on a daily basis. We’ve had our ups and downs over the seventeen years, but we always work things out. I just love the feeling of safety and contentment I get from our relationship and I love that we get to spend so much time together.
8. All my kidlets are healthy and happy. The yuck is gone and nothing remains but a large case of spring fever, but I have it, too. Only eleven days until spring break, but who’s counting? Me!
9. I love Fel’s got swag’s love letter to money. Seriously, go read it and then write one to someone or something in your life that deserves some TLC from you, even if it’s you. Fel left a comment on my blog and I went to her site and Bazinga! I loved it. She has a unique voice and there’s a goldmine for any creative person on her site.
10. I love all of you who read my blog and especially those of you who are kind enough to comment. It touches my heart. My main goal here is to raise the vive of everyone who stops by here, but you raise mine, too. So thanks so much!
What’s on your list this week? If you need someone to help you rave or soothe your soul, remember Crystal Nuding is always available, if you need some extra help. So is this blog. I’d love to hear your lists, so post them here (or e-mail if you’re shy). I love to hear any of your comments. To prove it, I’m giving away one of my Angel Card readings (see service page) to one of my commenters during the month of March. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around April 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and e-mail me if you’re the winner.