Monday Raves: Whats Going Right in Your Life? March 25, 2013
Happy Monday! Today I’m raving about the fact the we can all start over and focus on a new dream at any moment in time. Maybe today is your moment? I love this video of Kelly Corrigan, best-selling author, talking about how we need to follow our dreams. I will add that this advice is not just for women, men get scared to chase their dreams as well.
Can you take one small steps towards your dream today? Something that will make you smile? Rave about what’s going right in your life at this instant and it’ll help new energy come to you dreams.
Here’s my raving list for the week:
1. I’m loving our dentist and how he saw my daughter in the morning after her filling fell out. I love that he wears bright multi-colored shirts and shoes and he sings while he works on their teeth. I love that he has a playground in his waiting room, a fish pond in the cleaning area and everyone gets sugar-free ice cream after their visit.
2. I love that I’m feeling good in my skin. As time goes by I appreciate being Michelle Dobbins more and more.
3. I’m loving that I’m going to really enjoy the warm weather when it gets here. Sometimes, waiting for something makes it that much juicier when it arrives.
4. I love technology so much. It’s just so fun that someone tells me about a book on Facebook or Goodreads and i can just download it to my kindle instantly. How cool is that?
5. I’m loving watching Star Trek Voyager on Netflix. My husband and I used to watch it every night at 10 before we went to bed when my oldest daughter was a baby, thirteen years ago. It’s so funny how it takes me back in time to watch it.
6. I loved eating Peep smore’s. So yummy and so fun to make. I love all the easy, fun ideas I find on Pinterest to do with the kidlets.
7. I’m loving that several of my children are writing stories for fun. I reminds me of when my oldest daughter came home from first grade and said she needed to write a paper about elephants and proceeded to complete a 5 page paper including illustrations. When I asked when it was due , she said “Oh, it’s not for school. It’s for me. I like elephants.” I love seeing them excited to learn.
8.Taking a school day to spend at home, meditating and being conscious without technology for four hours. Even though I love technology, I, also, love unplugging for a while. It recharges me and everything just seems to start going smoother.
9. Watching old black and white movies with my husband, while it rains outside. There’s just a certain innocence and authenticity to the old movies that brings out a smile when I watch them.
10. I enjoyed having Fel’s Got Swag on my blog last week. She is a creative genius and she’s invited me to talk about magic on her blog this week, so I’ll let you know when that is live, probably Wednesday.
What’s going right for you? If you are looking for some happy thoughts check out Jeannette’s Maw’s Good Thought Lot and if you’ve got some to share, I’d love to hear them. To prove it, I’m giving away one of my Angel Card readings (see service page) to one of my commenters during the month of March. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around April 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and e-mail me if you’re the winner.