Monday Raves: What’s Going Right in Your Life: January 6, 2013
Happy Monday! Hope your New Year is off to a fabulous start and you have a lot to rave about. If you missed me last week, I was absent for several reasons. One was just spending time with my family ringing in the New Year. The other an unexpected troop of house painters. They had a cancelation, so they arrived two weeks early with about fifteen minutes warning. My kids, the puppy, and I were pretty much trapped in one room of our house for two days while the crew did their work and then we spent the next two days cleaning up. We spent lots of time playing games, building with Legos, etc. but I just couldn’t focus to write.
I enjoyed this speech by Brené Brown on why you critics aren’t the ones who count. I agree with her on many points, but I think once we really get our own worthiness, critics show up less and we aren’t bothered as much by the ones who do. I am still at a point where criticism smarts at times and so I really appreciated her words. It’s 20 minutes, but if you do anything creative in your life, it’s well worth the time spent to hear what she has to say.
Here’s my rave list for the week:
1. I loved spending New Year’s eve and day nestled at home with my family.
2. Ever since seeing miracle berries on an episode of CSI, I wanted to give them a try. They make other food temporarily taste much sweeter. So I ordered the miracle berry tablets from Amazon (this is an affiliate link, so if you click to Amazon from it and purchase anything, I might receive a percentage). On New Year’s day we made up a tray of suggested food to try. We each melted a tablet on our tongues and tried the foods. We had so much fun! Lemons and limes were so delicious. We ate them right up. Sour cream was weird and some things like cherries were too sweet. It was a fun family activity that I’ve been wanting do for a while.
3. I loved dumping out our Happy Jar and reading all the good things that happened to us last year. Some of the contents are pictured at the top of the blog. It was fun to remember the good times through the year that we had forgotten about. This was a first year doing this, but we are going to do it again next year.
4. I loved building a Lego White House and playing Apples to Apples and cards with my children while our house was being painted.
5. I love all the new colors on our wall and the fresh new paint.
6. I love that I have lots of fun projects and trips planned for the new year.
7. I love that my Magic Question of the Day is now available right to your in-box. Sign up here or click under free resources to get them. I’m excited to that my free e-book will be ready soon. I’ll let you know when it’s available. I’ve got lots of goodies planned to give away this year.
8. I love that I’m going to finally starting my newsletter and most likely moving my Monday Raves there. If you haven’t signed up for that yet, you are added to the list when you get the Free Transform your Vibe in Five Minutes Kit up in the right hand corner of the blog.
9. I’m loving my new Oils and Alchemy Facebook group. I love playing with Young Living essential oils and I love sharing what I learn about them and how I use them with others. If you’d like to join us just send me a request here and I’ll add you right away.
10. I love learning new things and playing with new technologies and I really love having people like Susan Marshall to help me out.
I’d love to hear what’s going right for you and celebrate with you. To prove it, I’m giving away a bottle of Abundance Essential Oil blend to one of my commenters during the month of January. It’s one of my favorite oils I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around Feb. 1st. Then I’ll email the winner to get their mailing address. Watch this space as I’ll be changing up my give-aways this year. Some months it’ll be oils and maybe crystals and some months it will be some of my new services and classes that are coming soon!
Last months winner is Vida Halsey!
Transforming Through Love and Joy,
Michelle Martin Dobbins