Why I Love Spammers
Lots of bloggers curse the spammers, but where does that get us? What we resist persists. I’ve gotten a LOT of spam lately, as in ongoing spam comments every 3 minutes for at least a week. Lots of spam to clean out of my comments folder. So what’s a girl to do? Create a list of positive aspects of spam AKA the Why I Love Spammers list.
1. It means that my site is getting more well known. I never used to get any spam, so if the spammers can find me, other people can, too.
2. Lots of spam comments is driftwood for lots of real, interactive comments. It’s a sign that I’m getting closer to what I want.
3. Spammers push me to learn more about how to prevent them and I love learning new things.
4. Spammers are persistent and apparently, creative in what they do. A reformed spammer could be an internet force to be reckoned with.
5. The spam has given me the push to hire someone to help me manage the things I don’t know how to do on this site, like SEO and getting my spam filter to work.
6. It’s fun to see a long list of e-mails in my inbox telling me I have comments awaiting moderation.
7. Since spammers are always telling me where to find online casinos and wanting to send me money from a foreign lottery, I must be really close to manifesting a large chunk of change.
8. If the spammers actually read my blog, they might get happy and stop spamming.
9. Spammer’s help me remember that I create my own reality and I can experience it any way I decide and I’ll have fun figuring out how to deal with them.
10. The spammer’s gave me a great idea for a fun blog post and apparently, I qualify for a free casino bonus. So there!
If you got any more reason’s to love spammers or other “unlovables” such as telemarketers, I’d love to hear them. To prove it, I’Im giving away one of my Angel Card readings (see service page) to one of my commenters during the month of June. I’ll put everyone’s name in random.org and choose a winner to be announced here around July 1st. Then I’ll email the winner with the details if I have access to their e-mail or you can check back here around the first and e-mail me if you’re the winner.